Microsoft ends support for Office 2010. What should I do?
Support for Microsoft Office 2010 is coming to an end on 13th October 2020. If you haven’t started to plan your upgrade of Office 2010 environment, now is the time to start.
With support also ending on 14th Jan 2020 for Windows 7, this means any systems still on Windows 7 will no longer be protected from security threats due to Windows 7 no longer receiving security updates. Leaving your business and clients at risk.
Not having any support means that, bug fixes and security fixes cease being updated along with Microsoft no longer providing the following;
- Technical support for issues
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities that are discovered.
There are a couple of options to select from whilst exploring your options and planning your upgrade with the latest versions of Office.
- Microsoft 365 Apps, the subscription version of Office that comes with many Office 365 (and Microsoft 365) enterprise and business plans.
- Office 2019, which is sold as a one-time purchase and available for one computer per license.
One of the key differences to note between Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019 is that Microsoft 365 Apps are updated on a regular basis, sometimes as often as monthly, with new features. While Office 2019 only has the same features that it had when it was released in October 2018.
We have many clients who are already using Office 365 and reaping the benefits. Upgrading to Office 365 means you have access to benefits such as;
- It’s entirely cloud-based service – meaning you can work from anywhere with an internet connection
- You can excess emails, files and Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc) from any device and any location
- Office 365 provides robust security and reliability.
- Subscription-based payments is available
- Teams and users can easily collaborate, wherever they are working from.
- Plus, many more.
If you would like to learn more about Microsoft 365 Apps or Office 2019, we are offering 3 month access to our Office 365 Management package and a free 15-minute consultation and to discuss what works best for your business and your team’s needs.
Book consultation here.