We’re hiring - Technical Service Desk Team Leader.
We're looking for someone to join our team who cares as much about customer satisfaction as we do. We deliver excellent service and honest IT expertise, working in partnership with our customers to truly understand them to enable their success and make them happy!
We provide our customers with a friendly, easy to talk to service desk. Our Service Desk team work together, supporting and encouraging each member of the team to grow their knowledge and understanding of IT.
We are looking for a Technical Service Desk Team Leader who enjoys and encourages teamwork and can support our enthusiastic service desk team, aiding communication and streamlining workloads.
Working with the Service Delivery Manager you will be a pivotal to the team, communicating successes and difficulties to senior management.
You will be also be expected to manage ticket queues to ensure SLA’s are met, distribute tickets effectively and efficiently ensuring the service desk keep in constant contact with customers so they are always kept well informed on the progress of their requests.
You will also be the 1st Line team’s line manager and assist with their career progression with the Service Delivery Manager. You will also need to understand KPI’s and be able to quickly evaluate staff performance using these and working from our employee framework. The career planning system we have in place allows us to progress the individuals in their careers.
You should be able to communicate effectively at a technical and non-technical level to customers and colleagues alike. You will also be required to assist 1st Line Engineers with customer issues as their initial escalation path.
As a part of the package, you will receive both on the job training on the services and products used plus attending online training courses to further your skills.
You will also have the opportunity to work on projects, working with other staff to deliver these projects within agreed budgets and timescales.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing the 1st line team and being their escalation point for technical issues
- You will need to be able to plan your team’s diary and schedule tasks communicating with the rest of the business
- Managing and distributing the service desk tickets
- Managing the escalation of tickets to 2nd and 3rd line teams
- Be involved with the career progression of the 1st line team
- Be involved in the installation of products and services where required
- Answering tickets and speaking to customers
- Acting as an overflow during busy periods
- Identifying and informing customers of potential services available from Computer Care
- Champion written procedures, make sure Service Desk staff follow procedures
- Create processes and procedures that optimise service desk team, documenting these in the knowledge base in Autotask / Info Hub
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Empathetic and process driven
- Enjoys high level planning as much as daily tasks
- Brilliant mentality regarding ownership
- Strong written English communication skills
- A good team player able to work well within, and motivate a team to deliver targets
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Detail oriented.
- Loves helping people
Application deadline: 30/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £28,000.00 per year
- Private medical insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Service Desk: 2 years (Required)
- Certificate of Higher Education (Required)
- ITIL Foundation (Preferred)
- MCP (Preferred)